Monday, February 3, 2014

Dark Chocolate Almond Drop Cookies

I tried out a new recipes over the weekend and can't wait to share it with you!

The recipe is for dark chocolate almond drop cookies. They are gluten and dairy free and contain no sugar or flour! You can also make them egg free with a little substitution. Not only are these cookies good for you, they were super yummy too. My kids (and husband!) (and me!) gobbled them up!!!

I got the recipes off of the box my order from Vitacost.com came in. As a side note, if you are interested in a good site to buy vitamins, herbs, supplements, beauty items and other health products online, I highly recommend Vitacost. I've purchased various products through them for many years and always been happy. And if you use this link: Vitacost.com you can save $10 off your first $30 purchase!

Dark Chocolate Almond Drop Cookies
Gluten and dairy free!

1 cup almond butter
3/4 cup natural sweetener (I used honey)
1 large egg (or 1 tbsp flax + 3 tbsp water)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 oz dark chocolate pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the first 5 ingredients and stir, add chocolate. Drop rounded tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets (I just sprayed the sheets with pam because I didn't have parchment paper). Make sure you put a lot of space between the cookies because they spread out like crazy! Bake 10-12 minutes. They might not look quite done when you pull them out but they will harder up quite a bit. Let cool, then enjoy!

Just six ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand!
Easy to mix up. I didn't use a mixer, a spoon worked just fine. 
Give enough space between the cookies. They really spread out!
We like our cookies a little gooey so we like to bake them on the shorter side and eat them fresh and gooey out of the oven! Yum!
The last step to the cookie making process is to let your adorable toddler do a taste test.
She approves!

14 comments:

  1. Yummy!! I'm pinning these! I am not a cookie baker, last night I tried to make some and burned them, but I always keep trying. Maybe these will work for me! :)
    Eloise is such a cutie!!! All you pregnant women and cute little girls are giving me baby fever, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol well just to warn you these do burn easily! I accidentally left one batch in for 15 minutes and they got a little toasty! So keep an eye on these. =) Haha, well there is a cure for baby fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm always amazed by how great these baked goods look when they don't have the traditional ingredients. If only I had the guts to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them! They are really so easy to make and don't contain ingredients that are "weird" or hard to find. And they are better for you than traditional cookies for sure! =)

      Delete
  3. SOLD! Trying these ASAP! These look great! I was prepared to start making recipe substitutions in my head when I came to visit and what a pleasant surprise! Super cute picture of Miss Eloise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like them! Come back and let me know what you think! They were a hit at our house and the last one was eaten tonight (I just made them yesterday). They went fast!! =)

      Delete
  4. In my after-lunch-slump and this was the WRONG blog to read LOL (Just kidding - those look really good and I need one right now, please!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I hate it when that happens. I tend to read food blog posts late at night when I am totally not hungry and should not be eating and yet the yummy food just makes me want to go grab a snack. Not a good idea!

      Delete
  5. I literally just made oooooooh mmmmmm oooooooh noises just looking at these! I have a basket full of fresh eggs from our backyard chickens, perfect excuse to use some. These may be the perfect reward for tomorrow after shoveling another foot of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! They would be a great way to reward yourself for all your hard work. =)

      Delete
  6. Amber,

    Theses cookies made me foam at the mouth..LOL Ha **shhhhhhh!! Don't tell!!** You guys are really ruining my plans to get/stay healthy! You know I can't refuse chocolate or cookies. Those look so yummy. I will have to pin them for later. Thanks for sharing! I am glad little lady approves! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The good thing is they are not too bad for you so you shouldn't feel bad if you have one or two every now and then. =)

      Delete
  7. Oh those look soo good! And I Love, Love, Love almond butter! I will definitely be trying this recipe out. I'm trying to eat healthier, but looking at the ingredients, it doesn't seem like it's that bad. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We try to eat healthy around here too but sometimes it's nice to have a little sweet treat that doesn't make you feel awful for having it! With no added sugar or flour, these are a pretty good option for an occasional sweet craving!! =) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...