Saturday, March 29, 2014

Bumpdate: 40 Weeks! It's My Due Date!

Today's my due date! I am so glad I've made it this far in this pregnancy. We have had so much going on in the last few months with Drew studying for and taking 3 exams for his new job. I've been praying for quite some time that baby would wait until Drew's exams were over before he or she made their grand entrance! So I'm thankful baby has stayed in this long, but we trust in God's timing over any timing that we deem best and we know baby will be born on exactly the right day!

At my 40 week doctors appointment I was dilated to a 3 and "very thinned out" (she didn't give me a percentage). Drew is flying out to Arizona on April 6th for a week of training with Edward Jones so we want to make sure baby comes before then! If baby doesn't come on his/her own before then, I will go in to have my membranes stripped on the afternoon of the 1st to see if that will kick-start anything. If stripping my membranes on the 1st doesn't work, my doctor is going to break my water at 6 am on April 2nd! And if that doesn't kick start labor, I'll be induced later that morning. So, either way, it looks like Baby Hutcheson #3 is going to arrive in the very near future! =)

I'm trying to enjoy these last few days of having baby on the inside! Thankfully I'm not uncomfortable and still have a pretty good amount of energy! I'm not retaining water or swelling so that's good. I actually feel pretty great and am thankful that I'm not miserable!! But I am getting {very} excited to meet our newest sweet little bundle!

How far along: 40 weeks

Size of baby: Baby probably weighs somewhere around 7-8 pounds and is 19 to 22 inches long. About the size of ... a newborn baby!!!

Total weight gain: 23 pounds 

Baby's heart rate: 130

Stretch marks: One small stretch mark right above my belly button. That's it so far!

Morning Sickness: I said "so long" to Zofran a few months ago! Feeling good these days!

Gender: We don't know! Can't wait to find out! Only 4 more days at the most! 

Are you all as anxious as me to find out the gender of this baby?!?! I'm thinking you all pretty much want this to be me in the delivery room, am I right!?!? =)

Movement: Less movement these days but baby will almost always react if we talk to him/her or push on my belly. I can't imagine baby has much room to move around at this point!  

Sleep: Not sleeping the best... and I have the feeling it's about to get even worse! ;) 

Cravings: Apples and all things containing sugar! 

What I miss: Being able to get up and down easily and in and out of bed easily. It's quite a chore these days!

Symptoms: My lower back is still in a lot of pain. Looking forward to that being relieved soon! Braxton Hicks contractions coming more regularly.  

What I'm looking forward to: Having the birth of this baby over with so I don't have to think/worry about what could go wrong, the pain, or when it will be! ;)

Isaiah and Eloise: Isaiah and Eloise are doing well! I was getting dressed yesterday and Isaiah handed me my shirt and said, "Here mom. Put this on so your baby doesn't get cold." =) He's always looking out for the baby and it's so sweet! 

Little does Eloise know but she only has a few days left as the youngest member of the Hutcheson family! I know she's going to love the baby but I'm not sure how she's going to feel about having her status as baby of the family revoked. I'm expecting some hard days/weeks/months of adjusting but hoping that they will both do well with the new baby. They are certainly excited now and I'm hoping that feeling will stick around. ;)

40 weeks!
Eloise lovin on her baby sibling.
I think she's going to miss this belly. =)

2 comments:

  1. I bet you will miss the belly too. :) I miss feeling kicks and hiccups.
    If it comes to induction I hope it goes well for you. It sounds like you are a good candidate for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely miss the belly too. There is nothing like feeling those rolls and kicks from the inside. An amazing feeling!!!! God designed our bodies in such an amazing way!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...