Thursday, February 13, 2014

Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas!

Looking for a healthy snack that's cheap, delicious, easy to make, and a good source of protein? You've come to the right place! Today I want to share with you one of my favorite "go to" snacks for when I want a little something crunchy and salty and yet still healthy.... roasted chickpeas! (You might want to make a double batch... they don't last long!)

By the way, I found this recipe on my {favorite} blog, Hip2Save. This blog is FILLED daily with posts about free items you can snag, coupons, discounted deals on products, and lots of other great tips to help you get what you need and want for less. It's where I find out about all the good deals I snag! By combining coupons and sales every week I get things my family needs for cheap or even free! I've been following Hip2Save for 5 years now and it has helped our family save {so} much money over the years! Check it out! 

Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas

Ingredients:

2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
1 and a half tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon of your favorite spice blend (I used a Creole mix)


Directions:
Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Drain, rinse, and pat dry chickpeas thoroughly. (Make sure to dry really well or they won’t crisp up as well). Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients until evenly coated.Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 30 to 40 minutes. I usually set the timer for 20 minutes and when that goes off stir the chickpeas, set the timer for another 10 minutes, stir, and then for another 10 minutes. 

Simple ingredients!
Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
Make sure to let them dry completely so they crisp up nicely in the oven!
Mix the chickpeas, olive oil, and creole together.
Bake for 30-40 minutes and out come perfectly crispy, crunchy, delicious chickpeas! Yum!
ENJOY!

6 comments:

  1. Yumm! I can't wait to try these!! Maybe this weekend. I'm always looking for healthy (affordable) snacks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy! I have never thought of making something like this! Totally looks yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so yummy, Jill! Hope you can try them soon. =)

      Delete
  3. Yummy! I tried some once and they didn't turn out so well, but I think that was because I tried to cook the beans myself before roasting them and they weren't looked all the way.I'll have to try with canned beans. :)
    Do the kids like them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using canned ones sounds much easier! =) The kids like them but Isaiah thinks they're a little spicy with the creole. Creole is a little bit spicy but he's soooo super sensitive about food spice level and temperature. He can't handle anything that's remotely hot. It's ridiculous! Lol!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...