Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Baby Hutcheson #3 Has Arrived!

We are excited to announce that Baby Hutcheson #3 has finally arrived!!! But not only that, Baby Hutcheson #4 has arrived too! Yup, that's right, it really was TWINS all along!!! Good things we've been team green this pregnancy and have both boy and girl clothes on hand!!

My labor began early this morning when my water broke around 12:01 a.m. I had the feeling this baby was going to come fast so I quickly rushed to the hospital. Good thing because after only 30 minutes of labor and {one} push, out came our son. It's a boy!! Brussel Russel Hutcheson was born at 1:01 a.m. and is perfectly perfect!!! He weighed in at 16 pounds, 11 oz, 25 inches long.

So in love with this little (well, actually big) guy!
We decided on the name Brussel because Drew has always loved the name Russel and, well, brussel sprouts are my favorite vegetable (and I adore the letter B) so it just seemed to fit! But after we named him Brussel, Drew still felt a strong desire to use the original form of the name so we have decided on Russel for the middle name. We are absolutely in love with our little Brussel and have already nicknamed him B-Sprout.

But, that's not all! Imagine my surprise when just 9 minutes later out popped another baby!! Our daughter was born at 1:10 a.m weighing 11 pounds, 16 oz, 15 inches long. It's a girl!! We have decided to name her Eloise II, mainly because we had such a hard time finding another girls name that we like as much as Eloise. We would have just named her Eloise but thought that might get too confusing so Eloise II seemed to fit. We have decided on the middle name Esiole, the backwards spelling of Eloise. So Eloise II Esiole Hutcheson it is! We are just so in love with her, and were shocked to see that she even resembles her big sister Eloise! Genetics are so amazing!!!

Isn't she just perfect? Almost like a real, live baby doll! 
Unfortunately Drew was unable to be at the birth. He had recorded the Michigan State game from last week and really wanted a chance to be able to watch it before the baby (now babies!) arrived. So, we decided it would be best for him to stay home and get the game out of the way before we have the distraction of a newborn at home. I'm so thankful he was able to spend time watching his game while I birthed the babies.

The good news is that, because of modern technology, I was able to keep him fully in the loop as the babies were born. He is such a proud daddy!


All in all, the birth of the babies was such a great experience! I hope to do it again in about 9 months!

And this? Oh, this is me. I just took a few minutes to freshen up in the bathroom about an hour after the twins were born. 

We are going to be going home later today and I found these adorable bibs on Amazon that I was able to order. With Amazon's new drone delivery system they arrived at my hospital room door within minutes! The babies are going to wear them home from the hospital in honor of this great day they were born on.

You may think this bib is creepy but we totally love it. 
So, that's the birth story of our new babies, Brussel and Eloise II. Can't wait to share more pictures of the two of them soon. In the mean time, enjoy the rest of your April Fools Day!

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha! At first i really believed it! But after reading more into it... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first paragraph I couldn't help thinking "How did she not know she was having twins?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once I got past the shock of twins I was thinking.. o.k., HOW am I going to be polite and show my excitement with the birth of BRUSSELL RUSSELL and ELOISE II, without showing my absolute.... THIS LADY IS FLIPPING NUTS showing in my comment.. You really had me going!! LOL.. best April fools joke all day! still giggling at your story 'and' how gullible I am!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...