Thursday, June 11, 2015

Madness at Mandela Stadium: Happy Birthday Drew!

In honor of {Throw Back Thursday}, this Thursday I am posting from our blog The Hutcheson Headline that we used while living in Uganda from 2012-2013. The post below was originally published by Drew on June 10, 2012. You can view it here if you'd like to see the original version.


Since today's Throw Back Thursday also happens to be my sweet husband's birthday, I thought it'd be fitting to post one of his old posts for today. Drew wrote this post after going to his first soccer game in Uganda almost exactly 3 years ago (June 10, 2012). 

I know Drew wishes he could be at a sporting event in Uganda for this birthday too. We all miss Uganda so much! But we'll celebrate here in Florida and hopefully have just as much fun.

Happy Birthday, Drew!! I'm so thankful for the blessing you are in my life and look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you! 


Madness At Mandela Stadium!

This past Saturday, my father-in-law (dad), and Janae (one of Amber's little sisters) had an incredible experience: We went to a 2014 World Cup qualifier match at Mandela Stadium and watch the Uganda Cranes battle against the Senegal Lions! Some of my IJM colleagues joined us and we had an unforgettable time as it would be quite hard to forget an atmosphere as loud and electric as the below videos portray.
Jump Mzungu, jump!
*This is the penalty kick from dad's view*

This was the video taken by dad (my father-in-law), Mark. Feel free to laugh as much as I do each time I watch this video.

*This is the same penalty kick, but from my view*

I get a kick (pun, pun) out of this video each time I watch it.



One ticket was 25,000 UGX, which is a little less than $10 USD. Wow, a professional sports event where the seating is first come, first served and tickets are $10 - can't beat that!


IJM Colleagues
Colleagues and loyal Cranes fans reacting to a bad call.


At first I thought this was the team and I came to watch radical rugby.

Final score! A draw is always better than a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...