Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

I'm sharing a great snack today that can be whipped up in just three easy steps, probably with ingredients you already have on hand! These granola bars are quick and easy to make and taste great. When I was pregnant with Olive I would make these and pretty much eat the whole pan myself. They were a terrible craving of mine! Thankfully, I didn't OD on them while pregnant and I still like them just as much now. Enjoy! =)

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Ingredients

4 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 cups mini chocolate chips (I usually use regular sized ones because I like bigger chunks of chocolate in each bite. =) )


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.

2. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla, butter, honey, and brown sugar. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Lightly press mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 18- 22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. Let cool completely in pan before removing to serve.

The ingredients! (I actually didn't have enough oats to make a full batch so I made a half batch this time and baked them in a smaller pan). 
Mix it all up!
Pat the mixture all down flat in a greased 9x13
Fresh out of the oven!
Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...