Saturday, October 5, 2013

Eloise {is} My Own Daughter

quote
 
I have a pet peeve. It's when people refer to Eloise as my {adopted} child. Or when they ask me if I want my next baby to be a girl so that I can have {my own daughter}. Or when a lady once asked me, "Now is Isaiah adopted too or is he your {real} son?"

I understand where people are coming from when they say things like this. Most people have not experienced the {miracle} of adoption and they don't know what it's like to unconditionally love a child who did not grow inside them. It can be a tough concept to understand. So, truly, I do not hold it against anyone who has said comments like these. I am guilty of saying things like this before we brought Eloise home, and I even grew up with two adopted little sisters! Most of the time people don't say things like this with any evil intent but simply because of a lack of understanding of the situation. And I {totally} get that.

But the truth is...

Eloise {is} my {own} daughter. She is not {just} my {adopted} daughter. She is my {real} daughter. Her legal name is Eloise Ann Hutcheson. Her legal parents are me and Drew. Eloise's birth mother could not care for her, but she loved her enough to get her to somebody who could, and because of that we have the blessing of loving sweet Eloise as {our very own}.

It's true, Eloise doesn't look like me, but she calls me {Mama}. Her skin is darker than Isaiah's, but he has no idea she is any different. Eloise doesn't have her daddy's eyes, but she has him wrapped around her little finger.

Eloise is as much my child as any other child I bear will ever be. Drew and I love her as much as we love Isaiah and any other child we may have. Eloise didn't grow in my belly, but she grew in our {hearts}. She is our baby girl. Our sweet, loving, full of life {daughter}. Eloise was chosen, wanted, hoped for, and worth the wait. And we will never treat her any different from our other children.

I have a son {and} I have a daughter. They are both {real}. They are both {mine}. They are both extremely, incredibly, and supremely {loved}.

IMG_2875 (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...