Monday, September 22, 2014

The Ergo- One of My Favorite Baby Products

Having three children ages four and under presents some problems when you happen to be a normal human being. Despite what my children think (I mean....they must think it because why else would they whine, "MOM can you hold this?" when I clearly have about 100 things in my arms already), I only have {TWO} hands. Yes, it's true.... I am not super mom.

However, there is great news! Some really smart people invented a baby product that is seriously one of my favorite inventions ever. It's something that I used occasionally with Isaiah, more often with Eloise, and pretty much every day with Olive. The more kids you have the more you need it. ;) It's called an ERGO!

This is the Ergo that I have but there are many different styles and colors! The newborn insert pictured is recommended for babies up to 12 pounds. After that, you don't need it. 
I've tried wraps and slings and different carriers, but the Ergo is by far the most comfortable and easiest one to use in my option. I know there are lots of people who prefer different ones but the Ergo is definitely the one that I prefer.

I don't use my ergo when we're at home. Olive is a pretty content baby and I don't need to hold her a whole lot when we're at home. However, I do use the Ergo often when I'm out and about... grocery shopping, the pool, on a walk with the kids, at a friends house to help Olive sleep, etc.

Here are my favorite things about the Ergo:

  • It carries your baby in an ergonomically correct position, therefore eliminating the risk of hip dysplasia that some other carriers have.
  • It is comfortable! Unlike the Bjorn (which I hate!), the Ergo distributes your baby's weight evenly between your hips and your shoulders, making it very comfortable to use.
  • Very easy and quick to put on. Unlike some wraps I've tried, the Ergo can quickly be put on all by yourself.
  • Has a zip pocket for storage so you can stash your wallet, keys or phone in there and not have to take an extra bag for a quick trip.
  • It has an incredibly long lifespan! Unlike some other carriers that only carry babies up to around 15 or 20 pounds, the Ergo can carry children up to 45 pounds and several years old. And it really doesn't hurt your back to carry a child that heavy, I promise! (Although you might not want to do it for long ;) 
  • It can be worn so that the baby can be carried on the adult's front, back, or side (on the hip).
In my Ergo I can comfortably hold a 3 day old...
A 5 month old...
A 2 1/2 year old...
And a four year old!!
There are a few cons:

  • It's expensive. But, although it's true that it's a bit pricey, I think it's worth every penny! With how much I use it, I think It'd pay $500!
  • It's a bit bulky. The fabric is very thick and padded which helps to make it extra sturdy and comfy, but also adds bulk as far as packing it up to take with you.

Conclusion:

All in all, I LOVE my ergo, and I think Olive does too. It definitely comes in handy to free up my hands and Olive is extremely content in it. It's one of the most comfortable, easy to use baby carriers I've tried and I highly recommend it! =)

Olive, comfy in her Ergo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...