Monday, November 30, 2015

Before and After: The Transformation of our House

On Thanksgiving Day we celebrated one year of owning our home! On November 26th, 2014 (the day before Thanksgiving last year) we signed on the dotted line and received the keys to our very first house!

I've been trying to think of a fun post to do to honor our one year anniversary. You have all seen the house tour that I posted here on the blog earlier in the year so I didn't want to post similar pictures again. Then, the idea hit me!

The previous owners of our house foreclosed on it. An investor bought it, flipped it, and then put it back on the market. When we bought it, it had already been completely remodeled so we never saw the house in the condition it was in before. BUT on the Zillow listing, there were old pictures of the house from when the previous owners tried to sell it. Over a year ago I downloaded and saved those pictures to my computer because the transformation was so shocking to me!

So today I thought it would be fun to post the before and after pictures of our house. Remember, we didn't do this transformation! We bought the house already completely updated. And thank goodness, because if I would have stepped foot in this house when it looked like the previous pictures I would have taken one peek in the door and said no thank you! I'm amazed that the investor saw the potential in this house and gave it some much needed love and updating. I absolutely love our house and feel so at home here. I'm so grateful it's ours!

So... here we go! (You can click on the pictures to make them larger)

The outside before:





The outside after:


The living room before:


The living room after:


The kitchen before:


The kitchen after:


The dining room before:


The dining room after:


The master bedroom before:


The master bedroom after:


The master bathroom before:




The Master bathroom after:



Isaiah's room before:




 Isaiah's room after:

The fan in Isaiah's room was the only fixture in the whole house the investor didn't update! We can't figure out why. =) But it didn't matter because we put bunkbeds in his room and replaced the fan with a light anyways. We just thought it was funny!

The girls' room before:


The girls' room after:


The guest bathroom before:




The guest bathoom after:








 The playroom before:


The playroom after:



The garage before:


The garage after:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...