Monday, October 26, 2015

2015 Family Pictures

Well it's that time of year again. Time for our annual family pictures! This year the lighting was excellent, the photographer was great, our outfits came together perfectly, the setting was gorgeous.....everything was perfect. Except the kids!!

Each year I have to remind myself why I take family pictures. It's to remember how my children look and act in the current year, which is usually wild and crazy. We're not a perfect family so why should I expect my family pictures to be perfect, right!?

This year I got family pictures done to document how Olive still needs either two naps or one super long afternoon nap each day - neither of which she got that day. How this made her cranky and whiny. How her cautious personality means she doesn't often smile for strangers. And how she's at the age where she just. can't. sit. still.

I got pictures taken this year to document Eloise's cheesy smile. This girl has a beautiful smile with a mouth full of tiny, perfectly straight teeth and yet she smiled like she was an old woman trying to prevent her dentures from falling out. Are you kidding me?!?

I got these pictures taken to document that Isaiah is finally at the age where he understands how to sit still and smile a great smile for the camera. He can comprehend the reward at the end of the photo shoot (I promised mini marshmallows!) and is very motivated by the promise of rewards. He understands that when we tell him to smile he needs to smile AND look at the camera (something the other two have a hard time with). He is a sweet boy and loves to grab his sister's hand even during a photo shoot.

So, guys, this is my family as it is now. A perfectly beautiful mess. As the years go by I'm hoping (praying) that family photo shoots get easier and the kids look better but for now I'm going to treasure these photos (and maybe even laugh someday).






Of my heart. If this was the only photo I got from the shoot I think I'd be happy! <3







I think this one is probably the one that I'll blow up and hang above the fireplace...... Haha. 












We may not have it all together. But together we have it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...