Thursday, July 31, 2014

Update on Life

It has been a while since my last post and I apologize! Life is crazy and busy and full of uncertainties right now! =)

The kids and I are still living in Michigan. I moved us out of our rental house on the 19th with the help of several of my aunts and uncles. Drew was of course in Florida during the move, my two brothers live out of state now, and my Dad was in Uganda so I was wondering who was going to help me move all of our stuff into storage! Thankfully, some of my wonderful extended family stepped in and offered to help. One of the perks of having a very large and close knit family!

This is how Olive woke up her first morning at my Aunt and Uncle's. It's clear how she feels about the situation!
So we moved out of our rental house and into my aunt and uncle's basement. It's been going well and we are so grateful to have a place to stay. But this separation from Drew is beginning to weigh on the kids more and more. It has been four weeks since we last saw him and we are all missing him. It's been the hardest on Isaiah. He will often times break down in tears and cry out, "I just.... I just.... I just miss my Daddy!" Both of the kids have been grumpier and testier than normal. It's hard handling discipline all on my own and trying to know when to come down hard on them and when to have more understanding about how difficult things are for them right now.

I've been keeping our days busy so that we're not thinking about Daddy all day long. Thankfully my aunt and uncle have been so welcoming to us and very understanding when the kids are less than obedient. We have felt very comfortable here.

Eloise and Uncle Dan enjoying a yellow popsicle.
Drew is enjoying his job and living near his family again. He is missing us, though, and sends us packages and letters frequently. The kids draw him pictures and send them in the mail. We do a lot of Face Timing and the kids have been able to talk to him quite regularly. We also send a lot of video messages back and forth!

A message for Isaiah on an especially hard day:

A letter from Daddy!


At this point we are planning to move down to Florida mid August. Drew and his Dad are going to drive up and then we are going to pack up all of our stuff into two trailers and hopefully be able to move it all down in one trip.

Once in Florida we will be staying in an extended stay hotel until we are able to secure more permanent housing for us. We are not crazy about spending 1-3 months living out of a hotel but we have decided that we need to be together again as a family, especially for the kids' sake and this is the best way to do it.

I sent Drew a text with this picture and said, "Missing you at Skoops!"
He sent me back this picture and said, "Missing you while running!"  Way to make me feel great about my decision to eat ice cream for dinner!
Please pray for our family during this time of transition. Please pray that we would be able to find a house that is perfect for our family and that we would find it soon. The lack of stability in our lives right now is really beginning to show itself in the behavior of the kids and we are so anxious to settle down and remain planted for an extended period of time.

Putting  a letter in the mail for Daddy:

A package from Daddy!

 

Although it's been a bit difficult and we are anxious to get back to "normal" we are so grateul for the way the Lord has provided for us throughout this move. We are extremely blessed to have such wonderful friends and family walking beside us. The Lord is FAITHFUL! He has been with us every step of the way and He will not leave us now. I saw this on Facebook the other day and it really resonated with me:


I'm so thankful that God's got this all under control and that I don't need to worry about how it will all work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...