Monday, March 24, 2014

Bumpdate: 39 Weeks!

I have to say that I am so glad I've made it this far! Since Isaiah was born at 37 weeks, I didn't know how long this baby would stay inside but I had lots of things planned that I wanted to get done this past week so I'm glad baby has cooperated and stayed in longer! =) I will also say that from the very beginning of this pregnancy I never felt like I was going to go early with this baby and that there was a very real possibility baby would be born in April. I always felt like Isaiah was going to come early and he did but this time I just never felt it! 

Drew and I went away this past weekend for one last getaway before baby comes. We obviously had to stay somewhere close by so we just went to Grand Rapids and stayed in a hotel for the night. My amazing sister watched the kids for us (Thank You!) and we were able to relax for a little weekend getaway. We sat in the hot tub, watched t.v., went out to eat, and slept in. Pretty low key and relaxing. It was wonderful!! 

This week Drew started studying again for his third exam for Edward Jones. He takes his third exam on April 1st. He also has to fly to Arizona for his Edward Jones training on April 6th and will be gone a week. So now we are just hoping that baby comes after the 1st but before the 6th so that Drew can be done with his exam but still be here for the birth and to spend a few days with us before he has to leave for the week. The timing of this baby's arrival has been in God's hands from the very beginning and we trust that whenever baby comes will be the best time! 

Thankfully my in-laws are coming up on the 4th to be with me and the kids while Drew is gone! They are great and I know they will be a huge help! We are so looking forward to their visit!

At my 39 week doctors appointment I was dilated almost to a 2 and 50% effaced, so I'm making a little progress but still not much going on! I think baby is waiting for some warmer weather before he or she makes their appearance! Next week it's supposed to be in the 50's! Wahoo!!! Maybe that will encourage him or her to come out. =) 


39 weeks! Getting ready to go in the pool at our hotel this past weekend!
How far along: 39 weeks

Size of baby: Baby probably weighs somewhere around 7 pounds and is 19 or 20 inches long. About the size of a small watermelon!



Total weight gain: 22 pounds (I lost a pound from last week. Not sure how that happened?!?)

Baby's heart rate: 145

Stretch marks: One small stretch mark right above my belly button. That's it so far!

Morning Sickness: I said "so long" to Zofran a few months ago! Feeling good these days!

Gender: We don't know! Can't wait to find out! 

Movement: Less movement these days but baby will almost always react if we talk to him/her or push on my belly. I can't imagine baby has much room to move around at this point!  

Sleep: Not sleeping the best. Just not really sleepy at night and end up awake several times during the night for long periods of time. I'm not uncomfortable at all while I'm sleeping... in fact I still feel great! I'm just not sleepy! 

Cravings: Really been craving an extra hot, decaf, skim milk white chocolate mocha from Starbucks! I told Drew that's the very first thing I want after I have the baby! That and a raspberry, cream cheese scone from the Great Harvest Bread Company. YUM!!

What I miss: I miss being able to pick the kids up easily without hurting my lower back and having a mini watermelon in the way! 

Symptoms: Still have that pinched nerve, now on both sides of my lower back but relieving it with stretching and exercise. Having lots of cramping and a few contractions starting up. 

What I'm looking forward to: Finally meeting our sweet baby! Having my in-laws come for a visit soon! And warmer weather! 

Isaiah and Eloise: Isaiah said last week, "Mom, remember when you were in my tummy?" =) I told him that I was never in his tummy but he said, "Yes, you were mom. I was in your tummy and you were in mine too." Lol! =) 

Eloise got her hair braided last week - something I've been wanting to get done and am so glad I was able to before baby came! Now I won't have to worry about doing her hair every day when I have the new baby since the braids will be able to stay in for about a month. She loves the braids and the "princess" beads! She looks so much older with her hair braided, though! Not sure how I feel about that! 

Both kids are really looking forward to the arrival of their baby sibling. Isaiah is mainly excited about the present the baby is going to give him at the hospital and keeps wondering what in the world it could be!?!? =) Eloise can't wait to hold the baby. We put baby's carseat in the car just to have it ready to go and Eloise comments on it almost every time we get in the car saying, "This baby's carseat. Where's baby?" =) Hopefully baby will be here soon!




4 comments:

  1. Aww! Eloise looks so cute! Did she get to pick out the beads?
    I'm glad you guys got to get away before baby comes, those little trips away from the kids can be so refreshing!
    It's probably an old wives tale, but I've heard that you start dropping weight right before the baby comes, so maybe this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebekah! No, I picked out the beads. I don't think she cares much about the color, she just likes the sound they make when she swooshes them around. ;) I haven't heard that old wives tale but I'll go with it! =) Hoping it's soon! =)

      Delete
  2. So excited for you! I loved reading your update! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost ready to go! Sounds like everyone is ready for the big event. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...