Saturday, November 9, 2013

20 Week Ultrasound: It's a ............!

20 weeks!
Earlier this week I had my {big} 20 week ultrasound (at 19.5 weeks). We were able to schedule it in the evening and were able to hire a babysitter so it worked out that Drew and I were able to go on a little date night just the two of us to see our new little peanut. It was so much fun!

Ultrasound date night!
As most of you know we were {hoping} to go "team green" this time and not find out what we are having. I've been nervous for a couple of weeks that the tech was accidentally going to spoil the surprise! I was afraid we'd either see something on the ultrasound or the tech would say something like, "All right, you're all done. {He} looks great!"

The big day finally came and we told the tech as soon as we entered the room that we did NOT want to find out the gender of the baby. Well................ All went as planned and we are happy to report that at our 20 weeks ultrasound we found out that it's a .................... healthy baby!!


Haha. =) Sorry, no gender reveal going on in this post! We had a great teach who was extra careful and didn't spoil any surprises for us. She herself didn't even take a look at the gender so she wouldn't accidentally give anything away. We were able to spend a whole hour watching the ultrasound of our sweet little peanut and still have no idea whether it's a boy or a girl!

We are thankful that we did find out at the ultrasound that all looks well with the baby. He or she was moving all around, blinking, yawning, and sucking their fingers and we could see it all. It was so sweet. Baby is weighing in at 10 ounces and measuring right on track for the exact day I'm due.


It's weird to think that we could know by now whether little bean is a boy or a girl and I'll admit that the day after the ultrasound I was feeling really bummed that we chose not to find out. We're hoping to stay strong, though, and wait for the ultimate surprise on delivery day. It will give me something to {literally} push for!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. I came here earlier today for a 3D/4D ultrasound to see my little boy. My husband's birthday is next week so I wanted to do something special since he already has everything. Upon arrival I was greeted by Jennifer who announced that she would be my technician today. The office is small and really comfy and cute. It has a TV, along with books and toys to keep little kids entertained. I filled out a short form and was on my way into the ultrasound room. The room itself was big, and had a couch that was faced towards the monitor in case you wanted to bring friends and family along. The room is dimly lit and they even play lullaby music during your session. Very cute! My session lasted for about 20 mins and we were able to get some good pictures of my little prince, despite him not wanted to cooporate with us very much! Jennifer was very patient and tried to get as many shots as possible. All in all, great experience today and will definitely recommend this place to all my preggo friends!
    4d ultrasound

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...